Acupuncture is a Chinese medicine tradition involving the insertion of extremely fine needles into specific points on the body. It is the most well-known Chinese medicine tradition practiced in the United States today.
The aim in acupuncture is to balance the complementary forces of yin and yang within the patient. Blood and energy—yin and yang elements, respectively—can become stagnate, blocked, and depleted. The practice of acupuncture releases the blockages that cause pain and dysfunction, renewing the balance between yin and yang forces.
Acupuncture has been acknowledged by the World Health Organization as an effective treatment for many ailments.
Common conditions treated with acupuncture include:
- Addictions: smoking, alcohol/drug withdrawal
- Digestive problems: constipation, diarrhea, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, gas
- Emotional imbalances: anxiety, stress, depression
- Gynecological problems: painful menstruation, irregular periods, menopausal concerns, PMS
- Muscular / Skeletal problems: Fibromyalgia, injuries and sprains, joint problems, back and neck pain, sciatica, bone spurs
- Neurological problems: headaches, migraines
- Respiratory problems: allergies, asthma, bronchitis, cough
- Sexual problems: infertility, impotence
- Organ dysfunction and depletion
Learn more about Acupuncture on DaoCloud
Cost of Treatment:
The cost for the first evaluation and treatment is typically $80 to $120. Subsequent treatments cost $50 to $80. If medically appropriate, other healing modalities such as Tui Nia and heat therapy are included in the Acupuncture treatment. A sliding fee scale can be arranged by discussing fees with your Acupuncturist before treatment begins.
Please contact one of our Acupuncture Locations to schedule an appointment:
Enhancing Balance, Brookfield Location
262/271-1060 for appointments & directions.